Installing VM/370 on your Windows PC
Good luck and enjoy the VM/CMS!
- Download Hercules IBM/370 emulator
- Download Hercules GUI interface
- Install first Hercules, then the GUI.
- Decide which VM/370 you want to use.
As of 18 Apr 2003, there's two of them, both
- VM/370 R6 distribution prepared by Bob Abeles.
This one is the original version.
The Readme file is provided at CBTTAPE site.
I have added some extra notes to
the original Readme file, based on my
experience with installation. Here's an updated
(My additions are in italics).
- VM 4 Pack System by Andy Norrie.
This is the updated VM/370 - the installation
includes command line history recall and
number of extra files, such as compilers.
To install it:
- Download and extract;
- Load the .CNF file into your Hercules GUI
and click "Power On".
- Quickly (this is essential) open your
TN3270 program and connect to localhost 3270.
You have to attempt the connection before
VM 4 Pack finished booting - otherwise
all you get is empty screen.
If everything works ok, you will
get the lovely "CHANGE TOD CLOCK..."
- From here, you can follow from the
step 10 in Readme file.